[Mediawiki-l] Email alerts to new pages in a category?

Derrick Farnell derrick.farnell at gmail.com
Sat May 17 20:29:01 UTC 2008

Hi

I use the CreateBox extension on my wiki so that some wikitext is
automatically inserted into new pages created by users via this extension.
This wikitext includes a category label, so that such pages are
automatically entered into the category of pages awaiting check by an admin.
Does anyone know of a way, direct or indirect, that admins can receive email
alerts to such new additions to this category? I've tried 'watching' the
category page, but I notice that I do not get an email alert when there is a
new addition to the category.

Derrick