[Mediawiki-l] Linebreaks in the edit toolbar?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Tue May 13 20:43:12 UTC 2008

In our wiki, we have many toolbar buttons on the edit page, so we want to split them into multiple lines at designated spots. My hacked solution is below -- is there a better way?

To implement this, I hacked function mwInsertEditButton in skins/common/wikibits.js, so an imageFile value of "<br>" causes a real <br> to be inserted into the toolbar.  I added this code as the first lines of mwInsertEditButton :

        if (item.imageFile == '<br>') {
                parent.appendChild(document.createElement("br"));
                return true;
        }

Is there a better way to accomplish this task without modifying core code?

Thanks,
DanB