[Mediawiki-l] Is there a way to control edit rights for talk pages differently from content pages?

Daniel Barrett danb at VistaPrint.com
Wed May 7 19:15:19 UTC 2008

Something like this loop should work, if you haven't defined any custom namespaces in your wiki:

global $wgCanonicalNamespaceNames;
foreach ($wgCanonicalNamespaceNames as $ns => $name) {
  // If namespace ID is non-negative and even, protect it.
  if ($ns >= 0 && $ns % 2 == 0) {
    $wgNamespaceProtection[$ns] = array( 'sysop' );
  }
}

DanB