[Mediawiki-l] Is there a way to control edit rights for talkpages differently from content pages?

Sullivan, James (NIH/CIT) [C] sullivan at mail.nih.gov
Wed May 7 13:35:07 UTC 2008

This is sort of kludgy but you could give your admins Sysop privilege,
then have them protect each article via the protect tab after they
initially create the article, which prevents all but Sysops from editing
it.  The talk page for that article should still be editable by regular
(non-Sysop) users.

-Jim