[Mediawiki-l] Titlekey

Matt Long mlong212 at gmail.com
Tue May 6 17:01:40 UTC 2008

Thanks, I copied the 2 *.sql files into the sql query  and it made the
tables. It is working now,
didn't know this was going to only affect the search engine though.
Thought Titlekey would also affect the links (would make links to page
titles case-insensitive.

I almost cam across a case-insensitive fix, but it would have to be done
on a new install, if it even works.
in includes/defaultsettings.php the line ( $wgLegalTitleChars = "
i could remove A-Z as a legal title character from here, However
mediawiki uses a Capital letter for the first character.. which makes
the system crash. Maybe there is a way to code that as an exception??
That would solve case-insensitive links as titles would not be allowed
in all uppercase.
I know there are uses for differences, but it is so annoying to have a
page "PAGE_1" and if it is linked to as "page_1" mediawiki treats it as
a new page.
Matt