[Mediawiki-l] wiki on a stick

Micah Gideon Modell Micah_Gideon at mac.com
Sun May 4 03:49:41 UTC 2008

I'd like to take my local wiki (1.12) and bring it places to show it
around. To do so, I reckon I need two things:
1) a cross-platform wiki-on-a-stick (USB) setup (Mac and Linux and, I
guess, Windows)
2) a method to synchronize changes from my internal wiki to the one I
carry with me and vice-versa.

The first part is probably pretty simple and just requires a bit of
legwork to track down all the proper binaries and a bit of scripting
to start and stop the various servers. However, the second part is a
bit daunting and I'm wondering if anyone has yet taken this on?
There's always the manual way of dumping the source DB, wiping the
target and reloading it, but does anyone have alternative suggestions?

Micah
--
http://www.csh.rit.edu/~micah
http://www.LiveJournal.com/users/micah_gideon