[Mediawiki-l] Caching Issues

Russ Lavoy ussray_00 at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 20:22:12 UTC 2008

Hello All,

I have a little dilemma here.  Hopefully someone can
lend me a hand.

I have a cluster of front end mediawiki servers with a
backend NFS and a MySQL server.  In front of those I
have a caching device.

My problem is this, the caching device caches the IP
and username of people that are anonymous or logged
in.  If someone logs in as "joe" and browses around
and another user name "jack" browses to the same page,
"jack" will notice his name changed to "joe".

I am not sure how this is happening...  But when I
turn off caching on the device the issue goes away and
never comes back.

Is there some special character or string I need to
exclude from the cache?

Thanks,

Matt