[Mediawiki-l] FW: LDAP-Error: Can't contact LDAP server

Russell, Elizabeth earussell at tva.gov
Wed Mar 26 15:11:49 UTC 2008

Ryan,
A co-worker who had problems with a different box trying to authenticate
via this AD server also pointed out to me that the new certifcate from
the AD server does not have the fully-qualified domain name in it.

I used the x509 command to get info on the certficates.  On the old one
I see:
Subject: CN=chaent3b.main.foo.com      [name has been changed]
On the new one I see:
Subject: DC=com, DC=foo, DC=main, OU=Domain Controllers, CN=CHAENT3B

He also suggested I might just want to turn off SSL encryption for
authentication.  I tried commenting out the line that specifies ssl but
got errors from TLS with that configuration.

If the right thing to do is to go up to the CA Cert, which PEM do I
specify?  I can use x509 to find the correct one probably, but not sure
that certificate hasn't changed either since it was first loaded on my
host.

The two certificates I have looked at so far with x509 (the AD server
pem from a year ago and the one changed 2 days ago) have different CA
Issuers listed:
OLD: RI:http://foochaeca.foo.com/CertEnroll/longxxx.crt
NEW: URI:http://multi.foo.com/ca/xxx.crt

Thanks much for your help.  I'm so confused right now that my head is
spinning!
- Beth