[Mediawiki-l] Problem with Extension:FileLinkProtocol

Dan Sinclair Dan.Sinclair at boxer.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 14:15:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm using Mediawiki 1.12.0, PHP 5.2.5, MySQL 5.0.24 and im having
trouble with the afore mentioned Extension.

It works perfectly on the Windows machines, but not on the Mac machines.
We're starting to get more Macs in now so getting this working would be
perfect. I'm due to go live with the Wiki in a weeks time!!

The links are to files on a server on the same network, but the macs
aren't connected to the domain (ie they don't run open directory).

When clicking on a link, the Mac internet browser (whether it be Safari
or Firefox) doesn't load the link. When you right click the link and
select "Open in new Tab/Window" an error message appears saying that it
can't get the object as it is NULL.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Dan