[Mediawiki-l] LDAP-Error: Can't contact LDAP server

Russell, Elizabeth earussell at tva.gov
Wed Mar 26 13:07:06 UTC 2008

My predecessor setup the LDAP extension, with the stub in
LocalSettings.php, setting it up so that authentication with Active
Directory server is required to edit our site.  Anybody can read it
without authentication (internal use only though).

The LDAP server where we are doing our authentication had to change
certificate, and now when user attempts to login for edit purposes they
get Login error:  Incorrect password entered.  Please try again.

When I turn on LDAPDebug = 3 I get a bunch of messages, ending in:

	Binding as the user<br>

	Failed to bind as user at domain.name<br <mailto:earussel@<br> >

	LDAP-Errorno: -1<br>

	LDAP-Error: Can't contact LDAP server

I've got the new certificate downloaded from the server, but I can't
figure out where to put it and for sure what format.  Anybody else had
to deal with this yet?

Thanks,

Beth