[Mediawiki-l] Stumped by Email Notification Issue

Robert Belknap rbelknap at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 01:17:04 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm currently trying to configure a list of users to be notified on all
changes to a wiki using a setting which appears to have been added to
MediaWiki 1.10.0:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:%24wgUsersNotifedOnAllChanges

I've added the following line to my LocalSettings.php:

$wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges = array('user1','user2','user3');
(where user1, user2, user3 are replaced with actual user names)

I've also verified that the following lines are also in my LocalSettings.phpfile
$wgEnotifWatchlist = true;
$wgEmailAuthentication = true;

I have verified that the usernames in the array match the entries in the
user table in the Database, and that normal email notifications are working
properly for items in my watchlist (my username is one that I want to have
notified on any change to the wiki.) However, I am not notified about edits
made (by me, and by others) to pages that I am not watching. No one else
listed in the $wgUsersNotifiedOnAllChanges array is receiving these
notifications, either.

I've tried searching for this issue on the mailing list archive, the
mediawiki.org help and manual sections, mwusers.com and on google, but all
I've come across so far are issues where notifications are not being sent at
all. The issue I'm having appears to be different, since normal watchlist
update notifications, email reset messages, and the like are working
normally.

Does anyone have any ideas about what I may be missing here?

Information about my server setup:
MediaWiki: 1.11.0
PHP: 5.1.6 (apache2handler)
MySQL: 5.0.22