[Mediawiki-l] moving image links

Ming minger at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 22:33:16 UTC 2008

I uploaded a set of icons to my wiki using the SpecialUploadLocal
extension. The target folder by default is the images folder of the
local wiki. I moved those uploaded (hash sorted) directories and image
files to a shared folder. (I have an upload.subdomain to serve the
images from that shared folder.  I figured such an arrangement would
be useful for servicing future wikis.  ) However, the Image: page for
each icon still has a link to the image path of the local wiki. How do
I update these links to reflect the new path? ($wgSharedPath, etc have
been set properly.)

rebuildImages.php in the maintenance folder didn't fix (or change)
anything for me.  And imagetransfer.py of pywikipedia seems to only
move or copy images between wikis.

And how do I make these changes in bulk?

Thanks.