[Mediawiki-l] Version page weirdness...

GerBNL gerb at pure.demon.nl
Thu Mar 20 07:30:59 UTC 2008

Hi, i'd like some idea's on how to fix a (minor?) weirdness i'm
experiencing.

I have installed a wiki on my Mac (OS X 10.4.11 )
Mediawiki 1.11.1, php 5.2.1, mysql 5.0.51a

and a nearly exact copy on an ubuntu 7.10 server (running in a
virtual machine) (all that is different is localsettings.php)
Mediawiki 1.11.1, php 5.2.3-1, mysql 5.0.45

I've installed some extensions in the wiki and *some* will show a
proper date in the Special:Version page and *some* show "Version
$LastChangedDate$)"  (oh, and they are all *stable* extensions and
they don't show this behavior  on, say, wikipedia (that uses the very
same extensions)

This happens on *both* wiki's! so it must be something I did!. Even
though the extensions themselves seem to function properly i'd really
like it corrected. this really baffles me!

any insights?

Thanks! :-)