[Mediawiki-l] how to put an internal link to special pages with arguments?

Jay Fang jayfang at chinatravelguide.com
Thu Mar 20 07:13:57 UTC 2008

Hi, all,

I was trying to put the internal links to special pages with arguments. For
example, on my http://chinatravelguide.com/ctgwiki/Train_Stations_in_Anhuipage,
I want to place an internal link to a special page,
Special:CNTrainSearch?via=Anqing.  But it seems
[[Special:CNTrainSearch?via=Anqing Anqing]] does not work.

I'm temporarily using external link, [
http://ChinaTravelGuide.com/ctgwiki/Special:CNTrainSearch?via=AnqingAnqing].
But would prefer to use an internal one. Does anyone know the right
syntax. I dug around for a while, but could not figure it out. Maybe I
should change my special page code to handle parameters?

Thanks for the help.

Jay Fang
ChinaTravelGuide.com