[Mediawiki-l] Embed Special:Random

Helmut Schneider jumper99 at gmx.de
Tue Mar 18 14:58:33 UTC 2008

Michael Schmarck
<michael.schmarck at habmalnefrage.de> wrote:
> Helmut Schneider <jumper99 at gmx.de> wrote:

>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Embed_page#Embedded_Special_Pages
>>

>> Unfortunately the page is empty. I tried
>
> What page is empty?

According to the link above I changed includes/SpecialPage.php:

/* 'Randompage' => array( 'SpecialPage', 'Randompage' ), */
'Randompage' => array( 'IncludableSpecialPage', 'Randompage' ),

Within my mediawiki distribution I created a page called 'Test' with the
following content:

{{Special:Randompage}}Randompage
{{Special:RandomPage}}RandomPage
{{Special:Random}}Random

After saving the page the only content I can see is:

Randompage
RandomPage
Random

For further testing I made another change to includes/SpecialPage.php:

/* 'Imagelist' => array( 'SpecialPage', 'Imagelist' ), */
'Imagelist' => array( 'IncludableSpecialPage', 'Imagelist' ),

Again I created a test page with the following content:

{{Special:Imagelist}}

The image map appears, so I assume that I changed SpecialPage.php correctly.
What works for Special:Imagelist does not for Special:Random.

Apologies if (obviously) my english was not good enough to describe the
actual situation. I hope this posting clears out the problem.

Any help is still appreciated.

--
No Swen today, my love has gone away
My mailbox stands for lorn, a symbol of the dawn