[Mediawiki-l] Change the default redirection (from ourdomain.com to IP address)

András Dombovári andras at dombovari.com
Mon Mar 17 07:45:19 UTC 2008

Hello,

We moved our site to a new server. The previous MediaWiki install was
from the 1.4.x series. On the new server I installed 1.12.x.
I am trying to log into the old server's Wiki, but I keep getting
redirected to our domain name. I would like to stay on the old server
(which is not under our domain name anymore).

What I mean, is that I am typing our old server's IP address in the
web browser "http://XX.XX.XX.XX/MediaWiki/", but I am getting
forwarded to "http://www.ourwebsite.com/MediaWiki/index.php"

Is there a way to force MediaWiki to stay on the server and forward me
to "http://XX.XX.XX.XX/MediaWiki/index.php")?

After reading the documentation I tried using $wgServer and
$wgServerName variables and setting those both to XX.XX.XX.XX

$wgServer = 'http://66.29.53.175';
$wgServerName = 'http://66.29.53.175';

Unfortunately it did not work. I am still getting forwarded to our
domain name.

How could I access our old MW install on the old server?

Thank you,

Andras