[Mediawiki-l] question about meta name "keywords" and "robots" in special pages

Jay Fang jayfang at chinatravelguide.com
Sun Mar 16 18:52:21 UTC 2008

Dear all,

It seems that the default behavior for special pages's HTML text in terms of
meta name "keywords" and "robots" is that there is no meta name for
keywords, and the meta name for robots is <meta name="robots"
content="noindex,nofollow" /> for meta name robots. This makes a lot of
sense. However, in my case, I have some special pages (
http://ChinaTravelGuide.com/ctgwiki/Special:CNExchangeSearch,
http://ChinaTravelGuide.com/ctgwiki/Special:CNWeatherSearch, etc.) that I
prefer to have them indexed with following links, as well as with meta name
keywords.

It looks like I can overwrite the robot policy in a specific special page by
doing $wgOut->setRobotPolicy( "index,follow" ); but I was wondering if folks
here know how to turn on "keywords" meta name before I dig deeper into the
source code. I'd perfer not to touch Mediawiki source code for future
upgrade reasons.

Thanks for the advice.

Jay Fang

ChinaTravelGuide.com