[Mediawiki-l] Uploading files using importImages.php and the override/skip problem

Florian Poeck (EDV) - Kniel System-Electronic GmbH f.poeck at kniel.de
Thu Mar 13 10:58:17 UTC 2008

I have tested with */maintenance/importImages.php* to upload files to my
wiki-installations.
Seems like it works quite easily

So my basic idea was:
* copy my new file to a SMB-share on my wiki-server
* cron starts a script which runs the importImages.php script and
deletes the importet files

Well reaching this point i notice a small *problem regarding override.*
Per default importImages skips the upload/import of an image if there is
already a file with the same name in my wiki.
Thats ok and does makes sense.

Is there a way to realize if importImages does successfully import an
image ?
Cause i want to delete only the imported images from the SMB-share

If i start importImages from command-line i get something like this:
 >> WsusDebugTool.zip exists, skipping
 >> Importing test_voda.pdf...done.

*So my final question is:*
--
how should my cron-script looks like to execute
maintenance/importImages.php for each file in my INCOMING-SMB-folder

any ideas howto implement this ?

Best regards
Florian

--
 - Stromversorgungen für industrielle Anwendungen -

   Kniel System-Electronic GmbH
   Postfach 210849 - 76158  Karlsruhe - Deutschland
   Telefon +49 721 95920 - Fax +49 721 9592100
   www.kniel.de
   -
   Geschäftsführer:
   Dipl. Ing. (FH) Helmut Kniel
   Dipl. Ing. (FH) Dieter Bretschneider
   Hannelore Gob
   USt-ID: DE 143 598 834
   registriert beim Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 101538