[Mediawiki-l] Turning off case sensitivity in titles

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Wed Mar 12 19:04:42 UTC 2008

"Currently" not supported ;)
I'm hoping to get more headway on my current big project (And hopefully
put in in a SVN branch) which is a rewrite of the Title system which
will allow for extending of the normalization of titles as well as
making titles like _main_Page stay as _main_Page when you save them,
despite the fact that they are still the same page as [[Main Page]].
This won't be a big hack, (And will actually clean out a few big hacks
that MW is currently using). And most definitely will support making an
extension allow full case-insensitive titles while keeping titles non-ugly.

:/ Of course, you'll need to wait for it to be finished... I've got some
promising success with it, but it'll need a lot more work before it's
good enough for production use.
And I need to wait for Simetrical's patch to allow the update script to
tag things that it has already finished doing.

For more information and discussion, there is a thread inside of
Wikitech-l; "[Wikitech-l] Case insensitive links (not just titles)."

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Gaiapedia (http://gaia.wikia.com)
-Wikia ACG on Wikia.com (http://wikia.com/wiki/Wikia_ACG)
-and Wiki-Tools.com (http://wiki-tools.com)