[Mediawiki-l] FTS not working after moving from mysql to pgsql

Husemann, Harald Harald.Husemann at materna.de
Wed Mar 12 14:06:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've recently moved our Mediawiki from a server with a mysql database to
a new one which uses pgsql.
I did this by using a script from Greg Sabino Mullane
<greg\@turnstep.com> (thanks for the good work, the script did the move
quite nice!).
The content is available in the new wiki, but there's one caveat: The
full text search seems to be broken, it does not find anything.
Searching for a page works fine, so I suppose there's a problem with the
indexes used by tsearch, maybe the import didn't fire the triggers to
rebuild the index?!
My environment:
     *  MediaWiki: 1.10.1
     * PHP: 5.2.4 (apache2handler)
     * PostgreSQL: PostgreSQL 8.1.4 on i386-pc-solaris2.10, compiled by
/ws/on10-tools/SUNWspro/SOS8/bin/cc -Xa

(Yes, I know that Postgres 8.1.4 is not up to date - but upgrading it is
not an option)

Is there any possibility to force a rebuild of the tsearch index base?
I tried it already with reindex database, "update pagecontent set
old_id=old_id;" and "update page set page_id = page_id;", but no success...

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Harald
--
Harald Husemann
Netzwerk- und Systemadministrator

Westfalendamm 98
44141 Dortmund

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Winfried Materna, Helmut an de Meulen, Ralph Hartwig
Amtsgericht Dortmund HRB 5839

Tel: +49 231 9505 222
Fax: +49 231 9505 100
www.annyway.com <http://www.annyway.com/>