[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki + Lucene-Search2 + MWSearch extension = ZERO search results

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Mon Jun 30 22:02:05 UTC 2008

agent dale cooper wrote:
> (I've been at troubleshooting this issue for _OVER_ 6months now, just to
> give you an idea of how much searching and troubleshooting I've given this
> issue)

It sounds like you've isolated the problem to within a couple of hundred
lines of code. Maybe you should spend less time searching the web for
someone with your exact problem, and more time reading that code.

> Follow me here :: if I load up the URL in the debug log above (or
> *everytime* I search now and read the debug log) in a web-browser, like
> 'lynx' it I see this (or something similar) ;
>
> 1
> 1.0 0 Main_Page

Is this the same response text that MWSearch sees? If yes, where does
MWSearch go wrong in interpreting it? If no, what is different about the
way MWSearch requests pages compared to lynx? Is it timing out? You can
use tcpdump to snoop on the communication between MWSearch and the search
server. You can use telnet to generate requests manually and see how the
search daemon responds.

-- Tim Starling