[Mediawiki-l] StringFunctions extension fillings logs with: PHPNotice: Use of undefined constant MW_PARSER_VERSION

Christensen, Courtney ChristensenC at BATTELLE.ORG
Fri Jun 27 17:08:27 UTC 2008

If you were using it with no errors on an older version, was there a
configuration to declare the constant that you didn't add to your new
LocalSettings.php or something?

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of The Gadget
Doctor
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 12:37 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: [Mediawiki-l] StringFunctions extension fillings logs with:
PHPNotice: Use of undefined constant MW_PARSER_VERSION

I'm using the well known StringFunctions extension but if I do, my
error logs fill up with:

 PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant MW_PARSER_VERSION - assumed
'MW_PARSER_VERSION' in .../StringFunctions/StringFunctions.php on line
160

The offending part of StringFunctions.php is:
    function mwSplit ( &$parser, $str, &$chars ) {
        # Get marker prefix & suffix
        $prefix = preg_quote( $parser->mUniqPrefix );
        if( isset($parser->mMarkerSuffix) )
            $suffix = preg_quote( $parser->mMarkerSuffix );
line 160:        else if ( strcmp( MW_PARSER_VERSION, '1.6.1' ) > 0 )
            $suffix = 'QINU\x07';
        else $suffix = 'QINU';

I'm running 1.12.0. I find it hard to believe I'm the only person
running StringFunctions on this version.

GD.