[Mediawiki-l] gallery of images from a category

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Fri Jun 27 15:18:38 UTC 2008

Again, misunderstanding what the user wants. That grabs a list of images
which belong to a category. The user wants a list of images inside of
pages which are inside of the category.
You would have to do a query for all the pages inside of a category, and
then do another query for all the images embedded in each of those pages.

For things this complex, it's actually usually better to redesign how
you actually do things. Using something a bit more semantic or some
other way of tagging the images themselves would be better than putting
the image inside of pages inside of a category. It might be good for
human organization, but it's bad for machines.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Nadir-Point Group (http://nadir-point.com)
--It's Wiki-Tools subgroup (http://wiki-tools.com)
--Games-G.P.S. (http://ggps.org)