[Mediawiki-l] gallery of images from a category

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Fri Jun 27 06:23:16 UTC 2008

Misunderstanding of the issue:
The user does not want to make categorized images show up as a gallery.
The user wants the images, used in certain pages, of which are located
in a category, to be listed.
Image inclusion < Page < Page is in X Category

This sounds like something best handled by the DPL Extension. Basically
it's a page list but in gallery format. The issue is it'll be a bit of a
subquery, so you'll end up with a DPL query inside of another DPL query,
that's going to blow up to a fairly hefty amount of database queries.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Nadir-Point Group (http://nadir-point.com)
--It's Wiki-Tools subgroup (http://wiki-tools.com)
--Games-G.P.S. (http://ggps.org)