[Mediawiki-l] from 1.11 to 1.12 DOMDocument error

Rob Lingelbach rob at colorist.org
Thu Jun 26 20:26:54 UTC 2008

One of the reasons I upgraded to MW 1.12 from 1.11 was because some
people using Firefox (latest I think) and Opera (latest) were
reporting problems with adding RSS feed from the Recent:Changes page.
On 1.11 it had been working fine with Safari but I too noticed when
using Opera the problem which I'll note here.  The upgrade to 1.12
didn't change the behavior.  Safari has no problem with the XML, only
Opera and FF (though others might as well).  The following error
happens with either RSS or Atom feeds:

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Location: http://tig.colorist.org/wiki3/index.php?title=Special:Recentchanges&feed=rss
Line Number 1, Column 2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
-^

(where that upward-arrow character is pointing to the "<" character as
part of the "?xml version" tag)

--
Rob Lingelbach
rob at colorist.org    http://www.colorist.org/robhome.html