[Mediawiki-l] Upload PDFs, Visios?

Peter Laws plaws at ou.edu
Mon Jun 23 21:43:37 UTC 2008

Y'all were so fast and helpful with my upgrade issue, that I'm coming right
back to the well.

The reason I upgraded was because I went to modify my group wiki to allow
uploading of PDF and Visio diagrams.  I've looked at the relevant docs and
tried the several ways to add types, namely:

(mind the wrap)

$wgFileExtensions = array('png', 'gif', 'jpg', 'jpeg', 'doc', 'xls', 'mpp',
'pdf');

and

$wgFileExtensions[] = 'doc';
$wgFileExtensions[] = 'xls';
$wgFileExtensions[] = 'pdf';
$wgFileExtensions[] = 'mpp';

(these are right from
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Configuring_file_uploads - I've
adjusted mine for just pdf and vsd).

Neither seem to work.

I tried restarting httpd, but realized that really has nothing to do with
it and it's a php thing, surely.  I did go into /etc/php.ini and update my
allowable upload size as well.

Clearly, I'm missing something ...

MediaWiki 	1.12.0
PHP 	5.1.6 (apache2handler)