[Mediawiki-l] Help - 1.10.1 -> 1.12.0 upgrade broke

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Mon Jun 23 21:08:39 UTC 2008

Peter Laws wrote:
>> Jim Hu wrote:
>>> Blank as in no content in empty skin or blank as in white screen of
>>> death?  If the latter, check the error logs.  Also, try disabling
>>> extensions to troubleshoot.
>>
>> WSOD, apparently.  No extensions other than what ships with the tarball.
>>
>> Searching for logs now ...
>
> [Mon Jun 23 14:58:12 2008] [error] [client 10.197.0.114] PHP Fatal
> error: Class 'DOMDocument' not found in /data/wiki/includes/Preprocessor_D
> OM.php on line 566, referer: http://myhost/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>

> Gee, this wouldn't have anything to do with it, would it???  :-)
>
> What is a 'DOMDocument' and where would I get one?

the problem is related specificaly to v1.12.0

There is a quick fix - add to LocalSettings.php:
    $wgParserConf['preprocessorClass'] = 'Preprocessor_Hash';

The "permanent" fix is to install the 'php-xml' package and restart Apache:
      # yum -y install php-xml   (on fedora anyway)
      # service httpd restart

Actually, I found the "permanent" fix was quicker to implement than the
quick fix 8^)  ...but I tested each and both worked (for me)

the reference is (watch out for the line wrapping):
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Support_desk#.28RESOLVED.29_PHP_Fatal_error:_Class_.27DOMDocument.27_not_found_in_.2Fvar.2Fwww.2Fhtml.2Fwiki.2Fincludes.2FPreprocessor_DOM.php_on_line_566

--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
email: mailto:steve at marmot.org
voice: +1.970.242.3331 ext 116
   fax: +1.970.245.7854