[Mediawiki-l] getting authentication status and information

Sidhunata, Harry h.sidhunata at unsw.edu.au
Sun Jun 22 23:57:40 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have three web applications, media wiki, a submission form, and a
repository web application. I want to integrate media wiki
login/authentication to the submission form. Because this is my first
time using media wiki, I do not have clear information about media wiki
authentication for checking the login status and pass the user
information to the submission form (media wiki cookie and session
information). Can anyone provide me more information about this or
provide me a direction to get more information about this?

For the repository, I want to protect the repository from public access
and only allow media wiki user to access it. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Harry