[Mediawiki-l] Migration Questions

Jon Welters jwelters at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 17:26:08 UTC 2008

Good Afternoon All,

Hopefully this isn't too complicated. I'm in the middle of transistioning a
rather large wiki to mediawiki. Previously it was a custom Ruby wiki using
textile. We have successfully converted all of the textile and what not. Now
we are facing some differences in functionality. There are two main things
that we seem to be missing in mediawiki and are trying to find as extensions
or determine that we have to do some development.

1. Autosummery - a way to display a short summery of a given page. It has a
more button on the bottom that displays the full article.
2. A way to rotate blogs / news articles shown on the main page based on
thier age. IE have the 5 newest pages in the "News" catagory displayed on
the "news" page, if someone posts a new page in the news category it should
then show up and the oldest would no longer be listed but instead accessible
by accessing category:News as normal.

--
Thank You and Sincerely,
Jon