[Mediawiki-l] Strange problem with search

Jim Hu jimhu at tamu.edu
Tue Jun 17 18:08:30 UTC 2008

I suspect that something at some point messed up the database, perhaps
by some extension (or db user) deleting a page without properly
cleaning up.   The revision that isn't being created (returning null,
I believe, due to not finding the page) shouldn't happen unless
searchengine thinks there's a hit.

Did you try rebuilding the searchindex?

You can also probably patch around it with the following kludge (I'm
sure others have better suggestions)

change those lines to:

	$revision = Revision::newFromTitle( $t );
	$text = '';
	if (is_object($revision)) $text = $revision->getText();

Jim