[Mediawiki-l] E-mail Auth confirm nor working

John W Foster johnwfoster at verizon.net
Mon Jun 16 01:00:41 UTC 2008

I have looked for the settings for e-mail and the only things I find are
in LocalSettings.php I have tried to get the part of the preferences
that confirm the new user and other e-mail to work for several weeks. No
luck. I had this working with another Mediawiki installation without any
other settings that I know of. The snippet below is what I have:

## For more information on customizing the URLs please see:
## http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL

$wgEnableEmail      = true;
$wgEnableUserEmail  = true;

$wgEmergencyContact = "johnwfoster at verizon.net";
$wgPasswordSender = "johnwfoster at verizon.net";

## For a detailed description of the following switches see
## http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Email_notification
## and http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Email_notification
## There are many more options for fine tuning available see
## /includes/DefaultSettings.php
## UPO means: this is also a user preference option
$wgEnotifUserTalk = true; # UPO
$wgEnotifWatchlist = true; # UPO
$wgEmailAuthentication = true;

Is there anyone with an idea what I have done wrong? I'm pretty certain
this is operator error.
BTW: e-mail works fine in other apps.
Thanks!
--