[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki on CentOS 5, PHP 5.1.6, MySQL 14.12, not working.

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Wed Jun 11 09:40:21 UTC 2008

Well, theres your issue. You need to mention more in IRC.
The ScriptPath and all other variables in MediaWiki are always
absolutes. Relatives are never used because with all the aliases and
other stuff, relative paths get corrupted quickly and easily.
For example:
The path: wiki/index.php/Main_Page
From: http://mail.deathstar.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Would be treated as a link to:
http://mail.deathstar.net/wiki/index.php/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
And similarly your wiki/skins/ is going to be corrupted in the same way
in an attempt to grab links to things under wiki/index.php/

Though, I note that your wiki is just plain gone right now.

I'd recommend reinstalling from scratch... But this time actually
install MediaWiki yourself. Every last one of the external installers
are junk... They don't keep up with the software, and 99% of the time
they are horribly buggy and don't simplify things at all. MediaWiki
already has it's own config script.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Nadir-Point Group (http://nadir-point.com)
--It's Wiki-Tools subgroup (http://wiki-tools.com)