[Mediawiki-l] Special:RecentChanges returns apache error 500

Les Russell les at lesrussell.com
Mon Jun 9 05:27:08 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm new to this list, so please bear with me, and let me know if I'm doing anything wrong.

I've installed two wikis on the same server. They both work fine, except in both cases, the Special:RecentChanges page returns a server error (500).

The apache log error message is (for example):

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in /srv/www/htdocs/wiki/includes/Database.php on line 817, referer: http://{IP address}/wiki/index.php5/Special:Search?search=davo&go=Go

This error was logged when I tried to bring up RecentChanges after doing a (successful) search on "davo".  However the error occurs no matter what page I start from.

I have had a quick look at Database.php, but I'm not a php expert and can't see anything obvious which would help me debug it. I've searched various forums and FAQ's but can't see any reference to a problem like this.

My versions are:
MediaWiki:      1.12.0
PHP:            5.2.4 (apache2handler)
MySQL:          5.0.45
OS:                     Linux SuSE 10.3

Can anyone suggest how I proceed with this?

Thanks
Les Russell