[Mediawiki-l] Strange problem with search

DanTMan dan_the_man at telus.net
Thu Jun 5 07:41:26 UTC 2008

What are you talking about? Upgrading when you have issues with software
IS an important thing. If you upgrade, and your issue disappears. Then
that means that your bug is a known issue which was already fixed and
then released to the public. That's how software go, we release new
versions to improve and fix issues with older versions of the software.
Suggesting an upgrade is also a viable option. This lets us know if your
issue is one which is already known and fixed, or if it is a issue which
still exists in later versions of the software and may need to be fixed.

Old versions never get fixes except for large security issues with them.
Versions are not individual pieces of software, they are individual
points in the lifetime of a software which is progressively improving
and fixing itself. You don't fix legacy versions because they are not
broken. They are not broken because releasing new versions of that same
software with fixes for those issues, is the method of fixing the
software. Because whatever version, that software is the same software

^_^ Though, probably time to end this philosophical rant.

~Daniel Friesen(Dantman) of:
-The Nadir-Point Group (http://nadir-point.com)
--It's Wiki-Tools subgroup (http://wiki-tools.com)
--Games-G.P.S. (http://ggps.org)