[Mediawiki-l] Strange problem with search

Jack Eapen C jackec at suntecgroup.com
Thu Jun 5 06:18:42 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I'hv a strange problem with my MW 1.11. I have a test version on my
local Windows machine and the live one on a linux server (intranet). I
don't know when this problem started coming-not sure whether it has been
there since beginning or it started after some changes.

When I search with SOME keywords, my production wiki returns a "blank"
page. If I use the same words on the test wiki, no probs-results are
returned (content in both wikis are same). Some of the problematic words
are "transaction" (transaction backout has no problem), function, cards
(plastic cards is fine), account etc. I tried to reproduce the problem
in the test wiki by copying SearchEngine.php,
SearchMySQL.php,SearchMySQL4.php,SpecialSearch.php files from live wiki
to my test wiki- but the test wiki still runs fine.

Any idea for the possible cause and solutions?

Regards,

Jack Eapen C
SunTec Knowledge Centre

This electronic mail (including any attachment thereto) may be confidential and privileged and is intended only for the individual or entity named above. Any unauthorized use, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. Accordingly, if you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email immediately and delete this email (and any attachment thereto) from your computer system...Thank You