[Mediawiki-l] Common.js to enable javascript functions?

Curios Oates curobs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:49:09 UTC 2008

Hi -

I want to add a del.icio.us linkroll on few pages. <http://
del.icio.us/help/linkrolls>

When I did this the code was displayed, rather than a list.

So, I thought I need to enable js in the wiki to invoke the script.
First I tried "$wgAllowUserJs = true;"   I knew this wasn't ideal -
not safe - but just wanted to see what would happen. No change.

So, I kept looking and came across Common.js <http://
www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.js>, but am having trouble
understanding how this would work. If I added this extension to the
Common directory under Skins, would this simply enable JS across the
wiki so the linkroll script would work? Or do I need to make
modifications to this Common.js before it would work?

Curios