[Mediawiki-l] Toolbar problems in edit mode.

John W Foster johnwfoster at verizon.net
Wed Jul 30 14:52:32 UTC 2008

I recently did an upgrade to 1.12 and decided I wanted to also add some
buttons to the toolbar. I have already added the TexBox extension and
that button was installed and working. I then proceeded to add a slew of
other buttons using the ones from other users and following the
instructions, I added them to Mediawiki:Common.js & they worked fine.
However after a few other upgrades i.e. Apache2 and a few others, now
the buttons do not appear on my machines, inside my intranet. I have
been told, and have seen myself, that they do appear when the pages are
viewed from outside my internal network. I figure I have crapped up
something with my system, but can not tell what is wrong. Any ideas are
appreciated. BTW; I am very much in a learning mode, so pointing to any
resource is great. Along with the disappearing buttons the left menu
panel is now below the page and the decorations at the very top of the
page disappeared. Is this normal in 1.12 or did I alter something. I am
using the CologneBlue skin.

This is a non-production site that I am learning on.

http://www.physicswiki.net

Thanks!!
-
John Foster