[Mediawiki-l] Moving the edit buttons below the textarea when FCKeditor is installed

Brian reflection at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 02:51:36 UTC 2008

I really like the FCKeditor for editing tables, but some of my users still
want the old edit toolbar for nostalgia or whatever. I came up with two
solutions for moving it, both of which work as long as FCKeditor is not
installed. The first is to move {$toolbar} in EditPage.php, and the second
is a bit of javascript:

document.getElementById("editform").insertBefore(document.getElementById("toolbar"),
document.getElementById("editpage-copywarn"))

You can run that in FF by prefixing j*avascript:* to it to get an exact idea
of what I want to do. Unfortunately it looks like FCKeditor is registering
itself as the official editor and my efforts are for naught. Anyone know a
way to do this?