[Mediawiki-l] image click-through

Richard_BaltoCo zzz333mmm at BaltoCo.org
Mon Jul 28 18:28:08 UTC 2008

(Thanks to Brion for helping to correct my posting problem) ...

> I apologize in advance for asking what must surely be a simple
> question (or simple answer).  Image uploaded to wiki.  What syntax can
> I use to allow a click on the image's thumbnail to go directly to some
> site, rather than to the image at higher resolution?
>
> thanks in advance.
> Rob

Hi Rob,

The Baltimore Collective is working on this problem for our own site.
You can see our progress here ...

http://BaltoCo.org/wiki/Help:Images
http://BaltoCo.org/wiki/Help:Images2
http://BaltoCo.org/wiki/Help:Images3

If this text-link works for you (for example):

[http://wikipedia.org WIKIPEDIA]

Then this image-link should work for you:

[http://wikipedia.org
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bc/Wiki.png/100px-Wiki.png]

Instead of the textual link WIKIPEDIA, it substitues an image of the
Wikipedia logo.  There are still issues with the little blue arrow icon
indicating off-site external link.

I can't recall exactly how we have our img urls set.  Since we are still
low-traffic, we have it set so that users can link to external pictures,
which is not recommended.

Good luck, hope this helps ...
Richard_BaltoCo