[Mediawiki-l] Can't write config file aborting.

Ralph Porter rportermail at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 19:08:03 UTC 2008

I'm trying to install 1.10.0 on fedora 9 and have followed the install
instructions.  I'm getting.
Can't write config file, aborting

In order to configure the wiki you have to make the config subdirectory
writable by the web server. Once configuration is done you'll move the
created LocalSettings.php to the parent directory, and for added safety you
can then remove the config subdirectory entirely.

I did the chmod and here is config file display.

[root at localhost wiki]# ll -d config
drwxrwxrwx 2 rporter rporter 4096 2007-05-09 13:34 config

Now what do I do?

thanks in advance

rp