[Mediawiki-l] external links

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 14:38:29 UTC 2008

Matt Long wrote:
> Hello, I am trying to find a much easier way for people to use external
> file links in my wiki. Currently every space has to be replaced with a
> %20. Is there something like {{urlencode:}} that would work? The
> urlencode magic word converts spaces to +, how do i get %20 instead?

Edit includes/parser/CoreParserFunctions.php and change
	static function urlencode( $parser, $s = '' ) {
		return urlencode( $s );
	}
	static function urlencode( $parser, $s = '' ) {
		return rawurlencode( $s );
	}

Then {{urlencode:}} will convert spaces to %20 (or you could create the
rawurlencode parserfunction)