[Mediawiki-l] IP Address search (part of content not logs/user etc)

Cameron cameronem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 01:04:44 UTC 2008

Hi All,

We are using Mediawiki for technical documentation. As part of this we have
device info contained in a table and part of this is the IP Addresses
configured.

Unfortunately searches don't seem to pick up the ip addresses entered
though. If I enter the ip then the search finds no hits.

Is there an extension / hack that is required for it to work reliably? I
have also tried http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:LinkSearch but it
only *appears* to find FQDN and not IP based urls?

We are running MediaWiki 1.12.0, PHP 5.1.2, MySQL 5.0.26

Below is an exert of part of a table in use (IPs changed)

{| style="width:75%; text-align:left" border="1"
! width="30%" bgcolor="#EEEEEE"| ''Configuration Item''
! bgcolor="#EEEEEE"| ''Setting''
|-
! Device Name
| {{PAGENAMEE}}
|-
| Management IP Address
| 10.10.10.1
|-
! Switch port and Switch name for Management interface
| Unknown
|-
! Production IP Address
| 99.99.99.54
|-
! Switch port and Switch name for Production interface
| Unknown
|-
! Backup IP Address
| 10.20.20.1
|-
! Switch port and Switch name for Backup interface
| Unknown
|-
! Operating System
| Windows 2003 SP2