[Mediawiki-l] Alternative implementations

Dirk Riehle dirk at riehle.org
Wed Jul 23 17:13:05 UTC 2008

Domas, thanks for your insights!

There is a fair amount of work on putting p2p architectures under wiki
engines but this work was the first to gain broader recognition, i.e.
win a prize at the IEEE Scale 2008 conference. So I'm assuming the work
is technically sound, even if it may not consider all the various
aspects of a real application. I asked one of the original authors to
comment on which of the issues you mention won't work well with their
architecture or whether they could easily be tacked on. Lets see whether
they'll show up.

Cheers,
Dirk

--