[Mediawiki-l] using clamav for virus scanning with Mediawiki 1.13alpha

Darren VanBuren onekopaka at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 01:42:52 UTC 2008

I am trying to get mediawiki to have clamscan scan files that are
uploaded. Now every file I upload that doesn't have a virus gives this
message:

Upload warning
The file contains a virus! Details: scan failed (code 127)

These files check out clean when I run clamscan by my self.

However, files WITH a virus are able to be uploaded!

Later:

My current fix is changing line 310 - 318 of DefaultSettings.php to
this:

	'clamav' => array (
		'command' => "clamscan --no-summary ",

		'codemap' => array (
			"127" =>  AV_NO_VIRUS, # no virus
			"0" =>  AV_VIRUS_FOUND, # virus found
			"52" => AV_SCAN_ABORTED, # unsupported file format (probably imune)
			"*" =>  AV_SCAN_FAILED, # else scan failed
		),
I am working on finding the correct Virus Found code.

In addition, here's output of a virus found with clamscan --no-summary :

test/clam.zip: ClamAV-Test-File FOUND

So we should parse for FOUND on line 320.

Darren VanBuren
onekopaka at gmail.com
Administrator of Onekopakaspace

Trunk MediaWiki install: