[Mediawiki-l] RSS Feed takes too long to load

Andre Bonhote andre at bonhote.org
Fri Jul 11 08:34:20 UTC 2008

Hi

I have a problem here with my wiki (again). I have to say that it's
not running on real server hardware (no budget). Instead, we're using
some dual core intel with 3.2 Ghz. We're a company of around 200
users, of which only a few will use the wiki, so I guess we didn't
underestimate the load.

Coming back to the issue I have: I'd like to use the RSS feed feature,
but it takes way too long to load. In fact, it doesn't load at all. In
the logs, I see this line:

 PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in
/data/www/wiki.ch.eu.colt/htdocs/includes/DifferenceEngine.php on line
1870

Sometimes it's line 1871, but that's it for the difference.

When it loads the page successfully, my Firefox complains about empty
lines before the XML content. I expect that some extensions are not
properly written, but that's another problem.

I am running 1.12.0, according to the release notes.

Any hints?

Cheers

André