[Mediawiki-l] Modification of Login (form and redirect)

Markus Deibel blog2008 at markus-deibel.de
Fri Jul 11 08:04:29 UTC 2008

Good morning all,
I have a problem regarding the login of my mediawiki.

What I'm trying to do is, have the user login and be forwarded to the
desired page with the least clicks possible, i.e.:
1. MW sees that the user needs to log in
2. MW displays the login form
3. The user enters his data and clicks "Login"
4. MW logs the user in and opens the desired page

Currently I have come to the solution that a step 1b is necessary in which
the user gets the message "You need to login ..." with the link to the
login form.

I understand that in this case the returnto value is passed as GET to the
login form.

Is there another way to pass this parameter to the login form?
I'm fine with modifying the code but would need the correct parameters
(and the way how to pass them), which I currently have no idea about.

Regards
Markus