[Mediawiki-l] Multiple languages

Sylvain Machefert iubito at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 15:58:05 UTC 2008

Hello,

if it's only on the main page, you can write, in [[Main Page]] :

[[Main Page in Afrikaans]]

your english main page text, with links to [[one english page]] and
[[another one]].

and in the page Main Page in Afrikaans, you write your text in afrikaans
with links to afrikaans pages.

If on EVERY page you want a link to the page in the other language
you can use this extension :
http://www.art122-5.net/index.php/MediaWiki_multi-Language_management_with_the_extension_MultiLanguageManager

it adds a tab on top of your page where you define what is the translated
page name.
With this you can manage several languages (on one of my wiki, I have 3).

*BUT* these solutions don't change the "interface" words, like "my
preferences", "upload file", "recent changes"...

2008/7/8, Sarel Wessels <swessels at rinsar.co.za>:

> How would I go about setting up my wiki in 2 languages. Is there perhaps
> a manual or help page which can help me?
>
> I did check on the website, but didn't actually find what I was looking
> for.
>
> I want the user to have an option on the main page to have it in English
> or Afrikaans, with English the default language.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> (I'm also a bit new to the wiki-stuff.)
>
> Regards,
>
> Sarel