[Mediawiki-l] Added a second Wiki but get Error: 1146, table doesn't exist

Wade Guthrie wguthrie at sirf.com
Thu Jul 3 21:49:41 UTC 2008

Hi All,

I need to have one machine host two MediaWikis.  To achieve this, I
copied an existing wiki (called 'mediawiki3e') into the directory
structure of my primary wiki (called, simply, 'mediawiki').  I did the
copy as follows:

* copy SECONDWIKI/mysql/data/mediawiki to xxx/mysql/data/mediawiki3e
* copy SECONDWIKI/www/mediawiki to xxx/www/mediawiki3e
* change the following in xxx/www/mediawiki3e/LocalSettings.php
  * $wgDBname = "mediawiki3e" (to redirect the SQL database)
  * $wgScriptPath = "/mediawiki3e" (to redirect the web page handling)

So, I have the following directory structure:

    xxx/apache2
    xxx/mysql/data/mediawiki
    xxx/mysql/data/mediawiki3e <-- new wiki
    xxx/mysql/bin
    xxx/mysql/share
    xxx/php5
    xxx/www/mediawiki
    xxx/www/mediawiki3e <-- new wiki

The first wiki is still accessible but MediaWiki can't find the
'mediawiki3e.page' table (my browser displays error message 1146, the
text is given below).

Clearly, there's something I neglected to do in this process but I
haven't a clue what it is.  I've been all over MediaWiki.org (reading
FAQs and configuration guides and such) and I've poured over the
archives to this mailing list but I haven't found the answer I'm
seeking.

What do I need to do to get php/mysql to see this database (or,
alternatively, how do I change the name of the original mediawiki
database to 'mediawiki3e')?  Since I'm a bit of a mysql/php doofus, I'd
really appreciate it if the explanation was at a novice level.  Thanks!

I'm on Windows XP and I originally used the WOS (www.wos.chsoftware.net)
package to install my Wikis.

The error message follows:
> # MediaWiki internal error.
>
> Original exception: exception 'DBQueryError' with message 'A
>      database error has occurred
> Query: SELECT
>      page_id,page_namespace,page_title,page_restrictions,page_counter,

page_is_redirect,page_is_new,page_random,page_touched,page_latest,
>      page_len FROM `page` WHERE page_namespace = '0'
>      AND page_title = 'Main_Page' LIMIT 1
> Function: Article::pageData
> Error: 1146 Table 'mediawiki3e.page' doesn't exist (localhost)
> ' in C:\usr\wikiArchitecture\www\mediawiki3e\includes\Database.php:806

Thanks!

--
Wade Guthrie
wguthrie at sirf.com