[Mediawiki-l] Installing templates

Dr JFBurté burtejf at orange.fr
Thu Jul 3 17:32:55 UTC 2008

I think that trying to copy templates (and adapting) is the very best way to
learn wiki
( for this reason en.wikipedia seems somptuous, but no library known)
So you can discover what comes with basic element (common.css) or what comes
with personnal tips, or what comes with extensions, and/or with
localsettings.
Some template could need a special extension, and would not run if the wiki
is not featured with this extension ( for exemple dpl, and so on)
AND little by little you have to learn all the differents rules that are (or
not) accepted by Mediawiki
I have never speak english ( ça s'entend, je crois !) and have never learn
computing but i do it now ( I hope ?) because of templates with mediawiki ,
and that's great, thx to his community and to the software  ;O)))
@+ de jfb "0.02$"