[Mediawiki-l] mime types

Sean Branam sbranam at leadfusion.com
Wed Jan 30 20:14:40 UTC 2008

Hmmm....

So is there no way to get a new Office 2008 ppsx file to display
correctly to a Mediawiki user?

What I want to do is have my internal users click on the ppsx link and
have it recognize it correctly and not as a text file.

TIA!

Sean

No, because then MediaWiki won't let you upload the file because the
system sees the ppt and xls files as msword mime type. The real problem
is that all of those formats have the same magic number, so you have to
do trickery.

This may be different with older version of office, but the newer
versions seem to do this.

V/r,

Ryan Lane